Castrol is aBritish brand that is known for manufacturing oil for automobiles andmotorcycles. The brand is respected for its high quality by its users. It is one of the most popular brands in the world. They also manufacture oil for other uses by automobile, ship, and airplane. Castrol oil is produced for both domestic and commercial purposes.
Castrol started business in 2002 and are committed to producing specialist, innovative and collaborative products. Castrol is produced in over 150 countries worldwide and is the preferred brand for VW, Audi, BMW, and various other companies. Castrol excels in producing the highest quality products and is a well-known sponsor of major Motorsport events.
Castrol Edge 5W-40
Castrol Edge Titanium 5W-40 is a synthetic automobile engine oil. Due to progress in engine technologies, strength and performance, engines work much harder and under increased pressure than in the past. Therefore, it is crucial as a vehicle owner to protect them from wear and tear by using the best products.
The one thing that separates metal engine components is oil and it needs to be tough enough to withstand endurance. Castrol Edge is one of the toughest and most progressive oils available to buy. Due to the Titanium used in this oil, it reduces friction and prevents oil film breakdown. Protecting your vehicle now and in the future.
What does 5W-40 mean
The 5 refers to the oil viscosity at 0 degrees C. The W translates as winter and the 40 is the oil viscosity at 100 degrees C. 5W-40 is extremely important since the engine of an automobile requires an oil that does not contain too much water, but also flows throughout the engine whilst not leading to any issues like decreased oil pressure or overloading the oil pump. When revving the engine over 5000 rpm, more protection is given when using 5W40. The more viscosity that there is, the less damage to the engine.
When looking at the 5W it is important to bear in mind that the oil needs a set amount of flow at the right temperature. A lower ‘W’ number suggests that the oil will be colder and perform better. When choosing oil always consider the weather environment. The number before the ‘W’ refers to how cold the oil is as an engine requires the oil to be cold enough when the engine is heating up. On the other hand, the number after the ‘W’ refers to how hot the oil gets. It is a combination of physics and science to reduce the base oil from becoming too thin.
What is Viscosity?
Imagine having a Styrofoam cup with a hole in it, in front of you. I get a jar full of honey and start pouring it into the cup and it drains through at a very slow pace. This is because honey’s viscosity is larger when compared to other kinds of liquid. However, if you filled the same cup full of water, it would run through much faster.
The Viscosity is the rate at which fluid resists to flow. If a fluid has a larger viscosity rate then it will resist flow much more, due to its molecular makeup. Certain types of gases also have viscosity, but it is more difficult to see them compared to other substances. Viscosity is demonstrated by the symbol η “et.
Price Of Castrol Edge
- Castrol 03128C EDGE High Mileage 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 quarts is selling on Amazon currently for $43.88 including shipping.
- Castrol Edge PRO OE 5W-40 Quart 502 00 $64.95.
- Castrol 03101 EDGE 0W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil – 5 Quart $73.48.
When looking for deals or offers on Castrol Edge use the internet to your advantage. Take a good look around and don’t be tempted to buy the first one you find. There are usually different websites that sell Castrol and it is simply a matter of doing some research to find the best deals.
5 Websites That Sell Castrol Edge
- Castrol Edge Oils: https://www.castrol.com/en_us/united-states/home/motor-oil-and-fluids/engine-oils/motor-engine-oil-brands/castrol-edge-brand.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw7_rlBRBaEiwAc23rhv6ILrYe2qRUKMboe0zQCHfJrBbN2_76HFaoOmf3ERnO5etRDizf7RoCCogQAvD_BwE
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Castrol-03084-5W-30-Advanced-Synthetic/dp/B00ICSWGJ0
- Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Castrol-EDGE-5W-30-Advanced-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-QT/34039135
- eBay: https://www.ebay.com/bhp/castrol-edge
- Autozone: https://www.autozone.com/motor-oil-and-transmission-fluid/engine-oil/castrol-edge-engine-oil-sae-5w-30-5-qt/852608_0
Who should use this type of oil?
Castrol Edge is suitable for motorbikes, scooters, quads, buses, trucks, farming equipment, building, mining and handling equipment.
To conclude, Castrol produces engine oil that will improve performance whilst increasing fuel economy. Your vehicle works to its maximum capacity when using Castrol Edge Professional. When you top up your oil level, it is highly recommended to use Castrol. Castrol is one of the toughest and most progressive engine oils, physically transforming the way oil reacts under immense pressure to create shock absorbent pads that stop metal contacting metal, no matter what speed your vehicle is traveling at.
Additional Motor Oil References
- Differences between 5w40 vs 5w50 motor oil
- Differences between 5w30 and 5w50 motor oil
- Differences between 0w20 and 0w30 motor oils
- What is the SAE and what does it have to do with oil
- Differences between 5w40 and 10w40 Motor Oils
- Royal Purple 5W-30 motor oil review: The colour of premium
- How to choose between Conventional and Synthetic motor oil
- 0w40 vs. 5w40 Motor Oil
- Difference between 0W-20 and 0W-30 motor oil
- What is Motor Oil?